DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Processing of personal data
1. Hellström Law firm (”Hellström” or ”Law firm”) values the integrity of its clients, partners and employees, and always adheres to the current legal framework for data protection. Everyone has the right to the protection of the personal data relating to her or him.
2. Hellström is the data controller for personal data processed by the Law firm. Contact information: Hellström Advokatbyrå KB, registration no. 969683-3400, SE-PO Box 7305, postal code 103 90 STOCKHOLM, tel.no. +46 8-220900, www.hellstromlaw.com, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Hellström processes personal data that data subjects provide to us or that the Law firm collects. The Law firm processes personal data concerning natural persons who are clients of Hellström, or representatives or contact persons for, or is employed by a company or other legal entity which is a client of Hellström. Hellström also processes personal data regarding natural persons who themselves are business contacts, or are representatives or contact persons for, or employed by, a company or other legal person who is a business contact. Business contacts can be either potential clients, former clients, suppliers and other partners. Hellström also processes personal data about natural persons who are themselves counterparties, or who are representatives, or contact persons for, or employed by, a company or other legal person who is a counterparty. Furthermore, personal data regarding persons who come into contact with the Law firm via visits of our office or our website, or via e-mail, telephone or in any other way comes in contact with us may be processed.
4. Personal data that may be processed includes information about name, address, telephone number, e-mail, personal identification number, copies of identity documents, invoicing information and other information that is necessary for us to be able to fulfill our assignment. You are not obliged to provide personal data to us. However, without obtaining the necessary personal data, we will not be able to undertake an assignment because we cannot then carry out the necessary conflict of interest checks and money laundering controls.
5. We process the personal data to be able to carry out mandatory checks of potential conflicts of interest and (when deemed necessary) the compliance with money-laundering regulations. Furthermore, the processing is done to safeguard your interests during the execution of the assignment and for accounting and invoicing purposes. The legal grounds for processing these data are performance of a contract and legal obligation.
6. The legal basis for the processing of personal data of contact persons for companies or other legal persons, business contacts, counterparties or other persons who will come in contact with us, through visits or other means, is legitimate interest.
7. The data can also be used for business and method development, market analysis, statistics and risk management. The legal basis for the processing for the purpose of developing and analyzing the business is legitimate interest.
8. The Law firm’s legitimate interest is that the processing is necessary for us to be able to execute, complete and administer our business, and defend the interests and legal claims of our clients and other stakeholders. Furthermore, the Law firm has a legitimate interest in sending marketing information and offers about our business. This, because such information may be of interest for data subjects or companies or other legal entities, and the integrity risks for the data subject is very small.
9. We will not disclose personal data to third parties, except in cases where (i) it is specifically agreed upon between the Law firm and you, (ii) if, in regard to a certain assignment, it is necessary to defend your rights, (iii) if it is necessary for us to be able to comply with statutory regulations, government or court decisions, or (iv) in the event that we use external service providers who perform assignments on our behalf. The data may be disclosed to courts, authorities, counterparties and counterparty representatives, if necessary to defend your rights.
10. The personal data is, in accordance with the requirements for the Law firm according to the Code of Professional Conduct for Members of the Swedish Bar Association, stored for a period of ten (10) years from the date of the completion of the assignment, or the longer period which is necessary due to the nature of the assignment. Data that is processed for the purpose of developing, analyzing or marketing the Law firm’s business is stored for a period of one (1) year after the latest contact. If you unsubscribe from newsletters or similar, the information will be deleted immediately.
11. You have the right to, free of charge, request information from the Law firm about the use of the personal data that concerns you. You also have the right to obtain a copy of this information. At your request or on our own initiative, we will correct or delete data that is incorrect or limit the processing of such data. You have the right to object to such processing of your personal data that occurs on the legal basis that we have a legitimate interest. You also have the right to limit the processing, e.g. if you believe that the information is incorrect. In some cases you have the right to receive your personal data in a machine-readable format or, if it is technically possible, to have the data transferred to a third party of your choice. You also have the right to request that your data is not processed for direct marketing purposes.
12. If you are dissatisfied with our processing, you can submit a complaint to the Swedish Data Protection Authority (www.datainspektionen.se). The Swedish Data Protection Authority is the supervisory authority in Sweden for data processing matters. You can also turn to the supervisory authority in the country where you live or where you work.
13. The Law firm has appointed a contact person that can be reached at email@example.com.
14. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or our postal address above, with any questions that you may have relating to our processing of personal data.
15. We reserve the right to change this information page to reflect changes in regulation or our processing procedures. If changes occur, they will be posted on our website.